Did you know that Barnes & Noble hosts regular Storytimes for kids? Along with the stories, they have other activities and sometimes even have authors on hand to sign children’s books. Here is a list of their October and November events.
December 1st; 7:00pm
The Polar Express Storytime
- All aboard! Come in your PJs and join us for a magical evening as we host our annual Storytime of the beloved classic The Polar Express. Coloring and activities to follow.
December 2nd; 11:00am
How the Grinch Stole Christmas! Storytime
- This classic, heartwarming story about the effects of the Christmas spirit will grow even the coldest and smallest of hearts three sizes. Activities to follow.
December 9th; 11:00am
Olaf’s Frozen Adventure Big Golden Book Storytime
- Join us as we follow Olaf, Anna, Kristoff, and Elsa through a frozen adventure to find the best holiday traditions. Activities to follow.
December 16th; 11:00am
River Rose and the Magical Christmas Storytime
- It’s Christmas Eve and River Rose wants to stay up all night to hand-deliver a note to Santa, but she and her dog fall asleep only to find they’ve been swept off on another magical adventure. Activities to follow.
December 23rd; 11:00am
Santa’s Magic Key Storytime
- In this unforgettable holiday story, a boy realizes on Christmas Eve that his new house does not have a chimney. With the post office closed and Santa coming by the end of the night, he has no way of telling Santa. But when the boy finds a mysterious key, he’ll soon discover just how this key will solve his problem. Activities to follow.
December 30th; 11:00am
The Story of Ferdinand Storytime
- All the other bulls love to run and jump and butt their heads together, but not Ferdinand. He would rather sit and smell the flowers. Then one day he is picked for the bullfights in Madrid. Join us to find out how Ferdinand fares in this classic story, in theaters now. Activities to follow.
January 6th; 11:00am
What Do You Do With a Chance? Storytime
- The final book in the award-winning What Do You Do With …? picture book series by bestselling author Kobi Yamada and illustrator Mae Besom, What Do You Do With a Chance? inspires kids of all ages to find the courage to go for the opportunities that come their way.
January 13th; 11:00am
- Over 50 years ago, a small bear set out on the adventure of a lifetime. Since then, Paddington has charmed readers around the world with his earnest good intentions and humorous misadventures. Join us for Storytime featuring this beloved classic, in theaters now.
January 20th; 11:00am
- A life full of adventure first requires big dreams, and big dreams need big encouragement. From world-renowned author and artist Sandra Magsamen comes the new book You!, offering inspiration and hope to readers of all ages. Activities to follow.
January 27th; 11:00am
Fancy Nancy: Oodles of Kittens Storytime
- Fancy Nancy returns in a story about felines, canines, and making new four-legged friends! Nancy’s new kitten meets her posh pup, Frenchy. Will her two pets ever get along? Will Nancy be able to love them both the same? Find out at Storytime, with activities to follow.