High Falls State Park has some fun, outdoor events planned for August and September. Please note, some events require reservations and have fees.
Canoe Twilight Paddle
Soak in High Falls Lake and enjoy the setting sun in this peaceful 3-mile canoe trip to Buck Creek. The ranger will give a short lesson on the history of High Falls Lake and the local ecology. Canoeing experience is recommended. This program is open to adults and children 8 years. Please bring a headlamp and wear watershoes. Reservations required. $20 plus $5 parking. 478-993-3053.
- Friday, Aug 4, 2017 7:30 PM to 9 PM
- Friday, Sep 1, 2017 7 PM to 8:30 PM
- Friday, Sep 15, 2017 6:30 PM to 8 PM
- Saturday, Sep 23, 2017 6:30 PM to 8 PM
Ever wanted to go kayaking but didn’t know how? Now is your chance! Take a short lesson from our ranger and get a free one hour rental to test your skills. Reservations required. Call park office to register. $20 plus $5 parking. 478-993-3053.
- Saturday, Aug 5, 2017 9 AM to 11:30 AM
- Sunday, Sep 10, 2017 9 AM to 11:30 AM
- Saturday, Sep 30, 2017 9 AM to 11:30 AM
Movies under the Stars
Bring a blanket and some popcorn to watch family films at the park on an outdoor inflatable screen. Movies will start at dark. $5 parking. 478-993-3053.
- Saturday, Aug 5, 2017 8:40 PM to 10 PM
- Friday, Aug 11, 2017 8:40 PM to 10 PM
- Friday, Aug 25, 2017 8:40 PM to 10 PM
Stand-Up Paddleboarding for Beginners
Our class will help you develop fundamental skills such as balance, steering, and recovery techniques. After class, soak in High Falls Lake from the view of a paddleboard with a free one-hour paddleboard rental. Open to adults and children 8 and older who are accompanied by an adult. Must be a swimmer. Please register in advance. $25 plus $5 parking. 478-993-3053.
- Sunday, Aug 6, 2017 9:30 AM to 11 AM
- Saturday, Aug 19, 2017 9:30 AM to 11 AM
- Sunday, Aug 27, 2017 9:30 AM to 11 AM
- Sunday, Sep 3, 2017 9:30 AM to 11 AM
- Saturday, Sep 9, 2017 9:30 AM to 11 AM
- Sunday, Sep 17, 2017 9:30 AM to 11 AM
Paddle & Stars
Learn more about the stars and the moon from your kayak seat in this night paddle on High Falls Lake. After the paddle, peek into one of the Flint River Astronomy Club’s telescopes to see plants and stars up close. The program is open to adults only with kayaking experience. Reservations required. Call park office to register. $25 plus $5 parking. 478-993-3053.
- Saturday, Aug 12, 2017 8:30 PM to 10 PM
Join our new monthly nature class for little. This nature class leads little ones to explore some big ideas with help from parents and the Park Naturalist. bring your polliwogs out to shelter #4 for a morning of learning natures way. Appropriate for ages 2 – 5. Please register in advance by calling park office. $5 plus $5 parking. 478-993-3053.
- Thursday, Aug 17, 2017 10 AM to 11 AM
- Thursday, Sep 14, 2017 10 AM to 11 AM
And if you like to plan ahead –
Trunk-or-Treat at the Park
Celebrate Halloween at High Falls State Park in our second annual community Trunk-or-Treat at the Park. Along with Trunk-or-Treat, have fun by sliding down inflatables, playing a round of Glow-N-Dark Putt Putt, paint a pumpkin to take home, grab dinner at a food truck, enter our costume contest, dress up like a fireman, and more. Ticket Required. $6.50 plus $5 parking. 478-993-3053.
- Saturday, Oct 28, 2017 6 PM to 9 PM