It’s time for Macon to turn pink again! The Cherry Blossom Festival (March 21st – April 4th) offers many different events for all ages. From shopping to concerts to animals, everyone can find something that they will enjoy.
As usual, there are some great kids’ events for this year – Horses, Horses, Horses!, Amusement Rides, Childrens’ Sidewalk Chalk, Third Street Park Festivities, and many others. You can see a complete list of activities and events here.
There are also several other events going on around town in conjunction with the Festival.
- The Pink on Pink Parade will go through Downtown Macon on March 22nd at 3:00.
- Fort Hawkins will be open on the weekends, and the Ocmulgee National Monument and the Museum of Arts and Sciences will both have a special Cherry Blossom Day.
- The Ocmulgee National Monument will also host Lantern Light Tours on the weekends.
Parking & Admission
Admission is $5 per person this year, but children 10 and under are free. Parking is free at Central City Park.
- Monday – Thursday (March 23rd – 26th; 11:00am – 1:00pm) – free admission at lunch
- Monday (March 23rd; 11:00am – 6:00pm) – Military & Veterans Day; Free with Military ID
- Tuesday (March 24th; 11:00am – 6:00pm) – Uniform Day/Free Admission with Uniform(Law Enforcement, Fire Department, Boy & Girl Scouts, etc.)
- Wednesday (March 25th; 11:00 – 6:00pm) – Senior Citizens Day/ Free for 60 years and older
Amusement Ride Specials
- *Saturday (March 21st & 28th; 9:30am – 11:00am) – Free Rides
- Sunday (March 22nd & 29th; 12:30 – 1:30pm) – Free Rides with Current Church Bulletin
- Monday – Thursday (March 23rd – 26th; all day) – Unlimited Rides for $20
- Friday, March 20: 11am – 11pm
*Saturday, March 21: 10am – 11pm
Sunday, March 22: 11am – 9pm
Monday, March 23: 11am – 9:30pm
Tuesday, March 24: 11am – 9pm
Wednesday, March 25: 11am – 9pm
Thursday, March 26: 11am – 9pm
Friday, March 27: 11am – 11pm
*Saturday, March 28: 10am – 11pm
Sunday, March 29: 11am – 9pm
- Special Events at Other Historic Sites
- Central City Park
- Opening Times: Saturday 9:30am; Sunday – Friday 11:00
- Parking Cost: Free
*These times seem to be in conflict; however, they are not. The Festival let me know that the rides are opening early because of the Pink Pancake Breakfast that morning – so the rides do open and are free beginning at 9:30am. 🙂