Snow Day in Dublin – Free
For those of you who are hoping to see snow this winter this event is just for you – Dublin will be hosting a day of playing in the snow on February 28th. This is from their website –
Bundle up for Dublin Snow Day just in time for St. Patrick’s Day! Romp through acres of fresh snow as Southern Pines Regional Park gets blasted with wintry fun! Sip hot chocolate, build a snowman, start a snowball fight, or sled the 10′ slide from 10 AM to 4 PM on Saturday, February 28th.
Located minutes off I-16 at exit 51, Southern Pines Regional Park will be covered in a blanket of wintry fun for the whole family!
- Explore fire engines, ambulances, bucket trucks, and more during the Touch A Truck, located just outside the snow play area.
- Get in the holiday spirit with treats from the concession stand.
- Candy Cane Hunt
- Train Ride
- Elf on the Shelf scavenger hunt
- Mini Lawn Mower Pull at the Ag & Expo Center
- Face painting
- 10′ Snow Slide
- Snow Scene for snowball tosses, snow man making, and snow angels!
There is no admission fee, and sleds for the slide will be provided. With the exception of the Lawn Mower Pull and concessions, this is a free, family event!
Sponsored by the Dublin Laurens County Recreation Authority, this free event will have the whole family frolicking in a winter wonderland of fun!
For more information, call 478-277-5060 or visit http://www.dlcra.org
Please note that this event was originally scheduled to take place in December because was cancelled because of the rain. I am not sure how many of the “Christmasy” activities will still take place; however, all of these events are still in the post, so maybe they will happen.
- Where: Southern Pines Regional Park, Dublin
When: February 28th; 10:00am – 4:00pm
Event Contact: 272-4002