Bird Day at the Museum of Arts and Sciences
From the Museum of Arts and Sciences Website –
Drop by the Museum of Arts and Sciences on Saturday, September 13, 2014 — a “Fun Family Day” — between 10:00 am and 4:00 pm to experience some “Feathered Frenzy” fun during the Museum’s annual Bird Day.
See the Museum’s great collection of birds plus many other special guests and learn a multitude of “feathered” facts about all types of birds.
Georgia “The Diva,” our Moluccan Cockatoo, her Umbrella Cockatoo buddies, Harley and Buddy, and some of their other friends in residence at the Mini-Zoo will put their best claws forward in entertaining everyone.
Highlights of the day will include the following:
- Pete Griffin from the Charlie Elliott Wildlife Center will entertain the crowds with a “Birds of Prey” Raptors show at 11:00 am and 1:00 pm.
- Georgia Falconry Association will be in the lobby along with Alan “Smokey” Drury performing in the Auditorium “All About Falconry” — at 3:00 pm.
- Big Birds Aviary with Owner, Janell Richards
- Eat like a bird during a stop by our Birds Eye Café and try some of our unusual birdie dishes!
Also, get in contact with your artistic side by creating some bird crafts, get a few bird tattoos, and more.
“Feathered Frenzy” Bird Day — included in regular Museum admission — will be loads of fun!
- Where: Museum of Arts & Sciences
- When: September 13th; 10:00 – 4:00pm
- Cost: $10 (Adults); $5 (Children)
- Event Contact: 478.477.3232
- Event Website