The first Saturday of each month, Home Depot offers a free Kid’s Workshop where children (ages 5 – 12) can gain hands-on experience using tools to build a wooden project. In addition to the craft, children receive a free apron, pin, and certificate of completion.
The next workshop is May 3rd from 9:00 am – 12:00 pm, and kids can “build a flower planter. Just in time for Mother’s Day, this planter makes a great gift.”
Home Depot is now asking that you register for their workshops. You can do so at this link.
They have added to their rules for the workshops, so I thought I would list them for you.
- FREE hands-on workshops; designed for children ages 5 – 12.
- Please do not arrive before 9:00 a.m.
- Workshops teach children do-it-yourself skills, tool safety and instill a sense of pride and accomplishment.
- All kids get to keep their craft, receive a FREE certificate of achievement, and a Workshop Apron.
- One workshop kit, and apron per child, while supplies last.
- Children must be present at the store to participate in the workshop and receive the kit, and apron.
- Kids Workshop activities are scheduled on a first come/first served basis.
- Thank you for registering online to help us better plan our craft kit quantities needed.
Local Home Depot Stores
- Macon: 4635 Presidential Pkwy/(478) 477-0266
- Warner Robins: 2620 Watson Blvd/(478) 923-4594
- Dublin: 1833 Veterans Blvd/(478) 272-486946